Last Updated 5/16/2012
Internships available at Howling Moose Gardens
Please Contact Howling Moose Gardens at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume or write-up. Nothing formal required.
Howling Moose Gardens is looking for an intern/volunteer to help out at the greenhouse during the Spring/Summer of 2012.
Access via public transit is very poor. The nearest bus route is 285, and requires at least a mile walk.
- This is currently a non-paying gig, but you will have the opportunity to learn a significant amount about aquaponics, season extension, and market gardening in a northern climate.
- Once HMG starting hiring for paying jobs, you would first in line.
- Simple greenhouse maintenance, such as weeding, planting and harvesting
- Aquaponics maintenance, such as chemical testing (drop tests like pH, nothing complex), and water maintenance
- Construction, including the use of power tools such as a miter saw, jig saw and power drills
- Produce delivery
- Farmers Market set up, tear down and selling
- Manual labor such as digging holes, shifting gravel and painting.
Skills - not all of these skills are required of applicants, and any needed skills will be taught if necessary
- Use of power tools
- Simple spreadsheet and word processor skills
- Market gardening
- Simple PVC plumbing
- Greenhouse maintenance
- Driver's license and some large vehicle (not requiring a commercial license) experience
- Basic painting skills (large flat surfaces)
- Food safety
(Link to job poster)